“It’s Easy to Start but Very Hard to Finish Strong” – Marketing Data Founders “HackerNoon” Amy Tom chats with Gil Allouche and Tom Coburn about starting a marketing data company. Listen to The HackerNoon Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Vote for metadata.io for Startup Of The Year in South San Fran. Vote for Jebbit for Startup of the Year in Boston: https://startups.com/us/bostonmetadata.io.
Tune in to Listen to Tech Stories from Hacker Noon 2-3 times a week!
Amy Tom chats with Gil Allouche (CEO of metadata.io) and Tom Coburn (CEO of Jebbit) about starting a marketing data company. They chat about how they each started their companies, the mutual challenges they face, and give advice on growing a company. 💯
On this episode of the HackerNoon Podcast:
- What was Gil’s very first job? (00:56) And Tom’s? 👶 (02:30)
- Why didn’t Tom pursue a medical career after school? 🚑 (06:48)
- How did Gil start metadata? (10:00) And how did Gil grow his company? 👷♂️ (15:03)
- When is the right time to pivot your business? 🛋 (17:50)
- And how do you know when things aren’t working out? (19:47)
- What are some business scalability challenges marketing founders face? 📈 (21:00)
- If Tom knew what he was getting into 10 years ago, would he still have started Jebbit? 🧐(28:00)
- Is reiteration just part of the entrepreneurship game? 🔁 (35:00)
- What is Tom’s #1 piece of advice for a first-time entrepreneur? (39:07) And Gil’s? 🙏🏻 (40:35)
🐣 Vote for Jebbit for Startup Of The Year in Boston:
🦆 Vote for metadata.io for Startup Of The Year in South San Fran:
💳 All Startups Of The Year Nominees get $300 in Pre-paid Brex Credit (conditions apply) – thanks Brex!
Connect with Tom and Gil:
Jebbit is nominated for Startup Of The Year in Boston: https://startups.hackernoon.com/us/bostonmetadata.io is nominated for Startup Of The Year in South San Fran: https://startups.hackernoon.com/california/south-san-francisco-united-states
Continue reading: https://hackernoon.com/its-easy-to-start-but-very-hard-to-finish-strong-marketing-data-founders-cv1937rc?source=rss